Resumes (1 Viewer)

Endre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:06
My brother (who did a lot of recruiting) advised me of his method as follows: He picks up a CV and holds it between thumbs and forefingers about 1/3rd of the way down the page. If the CV has not got his interest by the time he gets to thumbs/fingers - it goes in the trash.

It is therefore critical to start of with a summarised profile of yourself ( I describe it as though someone else is describing me e.g. Endre is a .....He is currently...... Previoulsy he.....He can be described as.....)

Immediately summarising your work below in descending chronological order. i.e the next section describes your current / last work.

Keep it to 2 sides MAX of A4, and always print double sided - so 2'nd sheet doesn't get lost. i.e. no project work attached.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 16:06
I'm in the process of trying to put together a CV and I was wondering what you meant by 'a statment of my work style'?

This is what I mean by a statement of work.

Overview

• A proven team player and strong Project and Man manager with a thorough understanding of the general merchandise supply chain.
• A methodical and analytical problem solver who constantly challenges his environment.
• An implementer of Personal Development, who manages through empowerment.
• An innovator who has lead Focused Improvement programmes, using the latest methodology such as VSM and Functional Flow Charting, and designed, and implemented Demand Management, Total Order Management systems and philosophy to both 3pl and Blue Chip organisations.

Key Achievements

• Project lead and delivered on time on an Auto Replenishment implementation to Poundland Retail estate number 200+ retail outlets, on shelf availability increased from 86.7% to 96.8% affording annual incremental revenue of £14M
• Designed and project lead the implementation of a B2B Trading function to afford a new avenue in Fresh Produce and short life products delivered directly from vendor to store – Circa incremental annual revenues > £10M
• 100% Product availability to over 500 UK retail outlets for 68 consecutive days.
• Inventory value reduced from €5M to €4M by a combination of reviewing & revising Parameters in line with customer demand, supply cycle time, and identifying opportunities for VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) using Value Stream Mapping.
• Blue Chip Supply Chain planning function automated to 80% & £25K head count reduction, by leading a Focus Improvement programme.
• Developed a Forecast Demand Management system to successfully forecast customer activity both Inbound and Outbound to within +/- 5% tolerance, enabling effective resource planning over identified peak periods and improved warehouse utilisation.
• Utilised Process Mapping & 5 Why to analyze and improve material availability to production lines and to reduce production downtime, Availability increased from 90% to 99%, Production efficiency increased from 80% to 95%

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:06
This is what I mean by a statement of work.

Overview

• A proven team player and strong Project and Man manager with a thorough understanding of the general merchandise supply chain.
• A methodical and analytical problem solver who constantly challenges his environment.
• An implementer of Personal Development, who manages through empowerment.
• An innovator who has lead Focused Improvement programmes, using the latest methodology such as VSM and Functional Flow Charting, and designed, and implemented Demand Management, Total Order Management systems and philosophy to both 3pl and Blue Chip organisations.

Key Achievements

• Project lead and delivered on time on an Auto Replenishment implementation to Poundland Retail estate number 200+ retail outlets, on shelf availability increased from 86.7% to 96.8% affording annual incremental revenue of £14M
• Designed and project lead the implementation of a B2B Trading function to afford a new avenue in Fresh Produce and short life products delivered directly from vendor to store – Circa incremental annual revenues > £10M
• 100% Product availability to over 500 UK retail outlets for 68 consecutive days.
• Inventory value reduced from €5M to €4M by a combination of reviewing & revising Parameters in line with customer demand, supply cycle time, and identifying opportunities for VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) using Value Stream Mapping.
• Blue Chip Supply Chain planning function automated to 80% & £25K head count reduction, by leading a Focus Improvement programme.
• Developed a Forecast Demand Management system to successfully forecast customer activity both Inbound and Outbound to within +/- 5% tolerance, enabling effective resource planning over identified peak periods and improved warehouse utilisation.
• Utilised Process Mapping & 5 Why to analyze and improve material availability to production lines and to reduce production downtime, Availability increased from 90% to 99%, Production efficiency increased from 80% to 95%
All I need to work out now is how to fit
'Adequate, as long as you keep an eye on him'
into that format, and I'm laughing. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom