Question ribbon to classic menu (1 Viewer)

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:07
Hi,

I have seen many softwares that will set classic menu of 2003 in 2007.

Does someone knew what is the best from them all or have tried what is best on them?

marianne

Registered User.
Local time
yes, I have seen probably two but it is a paid software. I have tried a trial version and it was fine. I just dont know if the menubar will still be there when it will be deployed...

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:07
I've only used Classic menus from addintools. Works really well. Easy to install and configue.
Did find a bug that crashed Access in v3.8 but I believe it is fixed in the current release which is 4.5 I think. The price is very reasonable but i find I don't need it now.

It was really useful iin Word and Excel for a while but the new interface in Access is probably the easiest of the Office 2007 interfaces to learn so i didn't really need it.

The menus won't be there when a database is deployed as it is a plugin to the program. I don't think there would be any point having it in a deployed app anyway.

marianne

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah I think it too. anyway, how can you say that the new interface of access 2007 is easiest for you Galaxiom while others dont like it....

How do you make it easy for you to make ribbon as your menubar and or toolbar?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I guess I related to the standard ribbon fairly quickly.

I don't design menus or ribbons myself. I learnt command buttons on forms first and never bothered to learn menus or ribbons. Slack? Yes and sometimes I do contemplate learning them but there are so many other more interesting things.:D

marianne

Registered User.
Local time
I see....so there are no ribbons nor menu bars...

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
A report ribbon appears when reports are generated, even in runtime.

I used a Report Ribbon controller module written by Terry Kreft and Dev Ashish to make sure it is in the state I want. It appears most of it is about determining the current state then using sendkeys to open and close it as required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom