Ribbons and getting rid of the File tab (1 Viewer)

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:50
I finally understand which hidden property you are talking about. I was just referencing the Navigation Pane check for 'show system objects'. You meant the individual table Hidden property, which I have never used. This does change the Flags value to 8.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:50
You got it. Show Hidden Objects in Nav Pane options reveals those objects
I use it for a number of things including objects such as queries that are likely to be temporary or I think can be deleted after further checking

Just to be really confusing system tables can be divided into 3 types
a) those made visible by ticking Show System Objects e.g. MSysObjects
b) others made visible by ALSO ticking Show Hidden Objects e.g. MSysNameMap
c) yet more 'deep hidden' tables NEVER visible in the Nav Pane e.g. those used for MVFs and attachment fields

Most people, probably correctly, will have no interest in system tables...especially those in b) or c).
I've done the research on all 3 types because it interests me ... and also so nobody else needs to!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:50
June7: If you read my thread about the ribbon error message you'd know I'm the least qualified person to help. However, one thing I have noticed is that in my testing, if I have one wrong xml line in place, it seems to have adverse affects on what follows. All this seems to be version dependent as well. If you haven't taken the approach to rem out everything in the backstage block, I'd suggest doing that, then testing each addition, one at a time until it goes wrong. At least you might find the offending line. In my case, sometimes it was using "tab" instead of button. It's hard to find reliable info on the idMso names.

Hmm...I think I must've created this post when on page 1.
At least I warned you about my qualifications in this matter. :eek:

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Excellent work on this thread. Came across this issue today...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
However the TabOfficeFeedback line needs to be omitted in Access 2010 or you will get an XML error

For the record, it throws an error in AC2013 as well. Other than that, this bit of code work flawlessly for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom