Riots in the USA - just an excuse to let off energy? (1 Viewer)

deletedT

Local time
Today, 17:10
@Pat Hartman It seems that we're running on two parallel lines and will never meet in a crossing point. I quit. But it was good to see your point of view.
Thanks.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Tera, it's not Japanese learning English that's funny, it's the prospect of being taught by a Yank. We all know that they have changed the correct English for their abbreviated strange wording, that's why we have trouble understanding them. So, passing on these incorrect words as being correct Queens English is just a joke. Still, I suppose in the absence of anyone sensible teaching foreigners, it's better than nothing. At least if you visit the USA you'll be understood.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:10
It's the Aussies that I can't understand:)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The news concerning the "peaceful" protests, has contained numerous clips and stories concerning how the presence of federal laws enforcement is akin to using "storm trooper tactics" that is fanning public fear. What I have not heard from the Democratic mayors and governors is an offer to protect the federal facilities using local law enforcement. That would remove the presence of those "evil" federal law enforcement types. That, under their claimed mantra, would be one way to de-escalate the situation.

This is another example of how the progressives on the left only presents one viewpoint (supported by the "fake" news media) to inflame public opinion against the federal government. Furthermore, Democrats routinely mouth how they are for the "law"; but when you get into what that means, you see that "laws" that are counter to the Democratic political mantra are simply ignored, such as using law enforcement to protect federal facilities. The Democratic mayors and governors who refuse to use law enforcement to protect the public and facilities are in violation of their constitutional obligations and are in violation of the law they claim to uphold.

Since posting, I heard a "new" twist that is really an empty concept, a misdirection, if you think about it. I heard that ANTIFA has co-opted the non-violent peaceful protests. That is certainly possible. But again, it would be the responsibility of local law enforcement to weed-out the ANTIFA participants. Again, the local mayors and governors do not propose to intervene and arrest those inciting violence. The finger-of-blame must be focused on those mayors and governors for essentially indirectly endorsing violence by allowing it to continue.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I just do not understand how citizens of those cities can stand by and allow this rioting to go on. What a bunch of sheep. I lived in Seattle in the 70's and it was my favorite city in the country. We moved back home to Connecticut via a year in Kuwait to live until our daughter finished school. My husband promised me we could move to Seattle after she graduated from high school in the mid-80's but he reneged on his promise so he's in a better place but I'm still in CT. It's just as well because you couldn't pay me enough to move to Seattle or anywhere else on the Left coast. At times I wonder if perhaps the San Andreas fault could simply sever them from the rest of us and let them be their own country. Maybe when Trump gets reelected, he could change his focus from a southern boarder wall to a Western boarder wall to keep all the pinkos on the Left coast. They've realized that they've ruined California and are moving out in droves (first to Portland and then to Seattle) and wrecking the rest of the country. Problem is they always blame others and can't see that they caused the problem by voting for the liberal fringe and they're doing the same thing as they move across the heartland.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 09:10
Capture+_2020-07-28-17-11-55.png

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The left's version of peaceful protesters. The Portland police have coddled these babies, it's no wonder they attack the elderly.

1596820405725.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The claim was made by the (peaceful) protesters that the presence of federal agents enraged them into violent preemptive defensive attacks. Now the federal presence has been minimized. So the (peaceful) protesters have now moved on to attacking the local police force.This has made a mockery of the claim by the (peaceful) protestors that it was the presence of federal law enforcement that drove them into madness.

PS: One person I heard, made the very astute observation that the so-called peaceful protestors are blaming the "victims" of their abuse for causing the abuse. Much like a rapist claiming that a well dressed woman caused him to ra** her.

Interesting. The forum adds **** to cover certain words.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:10
violent preemptive defensive attacks

WOW. A defensive attack, what a GREAT idea. And preemptive at that. And, of course, oxymoronic. But then, probably a phrase used by morons who couldn't out-debate an ox.

As to the forum having certain words it blanks, out, it was due to an extremely vile and angry member who wanted to use the forum as a platform for his religious rants of the Hairy Kryshna variety. He got vulgar to the point of using explicit sexual words and anatomic references. I tried to warn the guy but he stayed the course until Jon banned him and deleted ALL of his threads. About two years ago, maybe three.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I don't know why people have to protest and riot so much. We've got a worldwide pandemic going on killing thousands every day, yet idiots stand shoulder to shoulder shouting at someone about something - (probably a white person happened to look at a black person or something and sparked a racial riot.) anyway, there's no social distancing so the virus is having a fantastic time.
Get a grip, let's sort out this virus, let's all do our bit kill it off. Then when there's nothing else to do maybe we can sort out other world problems.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
On the other hand, Col, you have to admit that if they keep on protesting and rioting like a bunch of idiots, they will thin the herd quite nicely. While I don't hate them for their message, I have no sympathy for their methods and wouldn't be likely to cry if a few of them took a hard case of COVID-19 home with them as a souvenir.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
True Doc, but they also pass on the virus to us people who abide by the government instructions and do our best with hand washing and masks etc etc
In my opinion they are selfish stupid idiots who care nothing for other people, just their stupid little grievances when we all have the biggest challenge to overcome for a century.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
But at least we are safe from church goers. Maybe we need to put Martha Stewart back in prison. I felt really safe when she was behind bars.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
On the other hand, Col, you have to admit that if they keep on protesting and rioting like a bunch of idiots, they will thin the herd quite nicely. While I don't hate them for their message, I have no sympathy for their methods and wouldn't be likely to cry if a few of them took a hard case of COVID-19 home with them as a souvenir.
darwinism.... :cool:
The process by which, via natural selection, unfit specimens remove themselves from the gene pool. See Darwin Awards.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True Doc, but they also pass on the virus to us people who abide by the government instructions and do our best with hand washing and masks etc etc

True enough, Col, except that those of us with a modicum of gray matter above the neck will simply stay away from the protesting idiots.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
True enough, Col, except that those of us with a modicum of gray matter above the neck will simply stay away from the protesting idiots.
I agree, but don't forget people like friends and relatives of these protesting idiots will pick up the virus and become infectious then pass it on to innocent people in shops, cafes and bars etc. Don't forget that a percentage of infectious people show no symptoms but are just as infectious.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Don't forget that a percentage of infectious people show no symptoms but are just as infectious.
Therein lies the problem. The science is still out on this. Maybe we'll have better studies now that in the US we are testing everyone who asks. Previously we were only testing people with symptoms. Of course our count of infected is up but that is logical when you consider the increase in tests performed. Once a large enough body of infected but asymptomatic are identified, scientists can make them touch stuff and talk into a box to see how much virus gets put into the air or left on surfaces. The science is hampered in any case because scientists can't perform tests where people might actually become infected. The best they can do i to count the virus particles and make assumptions on the danger.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Body-cams serve no purpose might as well get rid of them. These groups will burn down Lancaster, PA regardless.

1600099145044.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I was reading that this morning. Amazing. I said a couple months ago, just give these people enough time, they keep getting more extreme, taking more untenable positions, doing more egregious acts of unlawfulness & hurting more people ... They will implode upon themselves when less and less people are willing to support or even excuse their shenanigans.
A knife wielding subject approaching an officer has always been an appropriate time to use lethal force and there is little disagreement.
People were also protesting outside the ambushed police officers' hospital rooms, yelling unspeakably horrible things.
Keep going, folks...You're getting close to the total irrelevancy and jail cells that you deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom