Rowcount on a subform? (1 Viewer)

jegenes

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:07
Is there way to find the row count (number of entries) on a subform? Mine has 4 columns per line, which get put into its own table. I need it to figure the number of entries I've made so I can have it automatically enter that number into a textbox on the main form.

I've tried to dim an integer, then do a For/Next loop. Something like:

For index = 0 To Subform.Count
index = index +1
Next index

I do get a count, but it's the wrong number. Think of a shopping list, where you select entries, and each entry is on its own line. I want to count up the number of entries on the subform. Thanks a lot.

John

jwindon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:07
Put this in the control source for that text field on your main form.

=DCount("*","tblSubFormTableSourceName","[MainFormFieldLinkName] = '" & [MainFormFieldLinkName] & "'")

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:07
Add a footer to the subform. In the footer, add a control with the following controlsource.

=Count(*)

jegenes

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:07
Pat,
I added a textbox with the control source as you suggested. ( =Count(*) )

As I add records to the subform, it stays at zero. But, if I select one of the records and delete it, the box updates to the correct number of records. So, I assume it needs to do some kind of requery in order to update as I add each record.

Also, if I save the entire record (form), it does not update, but stays at zero. The only way I can find to make it update is to delete one of the records I've added in the subform.

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

John

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:07
Try requerying it in the AfterUpdate event of the subform. I think that event runs for add and delete also. If not, you'll need the requery in three places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom