Running Total from 2 columns in different tables (1 Viewer)

michibahn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:11
Once you have the new table, combined, use that table as your recordset to which you link a form to input new data. I never intended that you should run this procedure over and over to get your end result. It was a means to normalize your data so you could go forward. Lose your old tables and use the new one. Otherwise you will be in for a long chaotic challenge to maintain your database. Get it right and use it.

Alan

the problem is i have 2 source txt files that is updated regularly for my IN and OUT shipment that's why i have the NGK IN and NGK OUT tables. Would this be a problem using the modified DB you created for me?

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:11
I think that you you will have to bring the imported files into a temp table and then do an apend query to the main table for the fields that you wish to update. That would be the direction I would go. I think that if you need help on that, you should probably open up a new thread so that you get the benefit of new eyes on the problem. In theory, I understand how this is done, but have never had a practical need to do it. I would not be your best resource.

Alan

michibahn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:11
I think that you you will have to bring the imported files into a temp table and then do an apend query to the main table for the fields that you wish to update. That would be the direction I would go. I think that if you need help on that, you should probably open up a new thread so that you get the benefit of new eyes on the problem. In theory, I understand how this is done, but have never had a practical need to do it. I would not be your best resource.

Alan

Thank you very much Alan for your assistance. Really appreciate what you've done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom