Sale of P&O to Dubai Ports World (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
I remember Belgium refusing to sell us ammunition during the Falklands campaign,
Brian
Yes but fortunately for us the Americans supplied us with the sidewinder

now we are having to equipe our new aircraft carriers with either French or US planes and the US are refusing to give us the weapon command codes??

I thought we were in a joint venture with the US for the aircraft
http://www.milavia.net/users/fighterjets/aircraft/f35_jsf.php

and as I understand it the French are interested in the design of the new carrier and as such are therefore sharing some of the development costs.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:17
Rich said:
I thought we were in a joint venture with the US for the aircraft
http://www.milavia.net/users/fighterjets/aircraft/f35_jsf.php

and as I understand it the French are interested in the design of the new carrier and as such are therefore sharing some of the development costs.

What you say is true and I have to admit that I cannot find anything on line to back the story I read at the weekend which said that as the French had bought carrier plans from us to expedite the building of their carrier they were willing to do a good deal on the Mistrale aircraft, and tho it is inferior to the JSF we were interested as the US was insisting that all servicing of the JSF was done by them and that they would only release weapon command codes for operations they approved.

Brian

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:17
wazz said:
it's a difficult topic and situation.

i wish i knew more about the business world here. i'm "just" an employee (of a very small part of a very big company). i'm pretty sure there are pretty serious restrictions here. there are pretty serious restrictions on malaysians themselves depending on their ethnic background (!) arising out of indiginous rights and loss of rights etc during colonial times, etc etc.

i think the world is in the midst of a very long teething phase as:
- we in the west slowly escape the infancy of mechanization and experience longer and better lives
- the rest of the world (very slowly) discovers the benefits and the trappings of ownership and wealth
- we, in (or of) the west, especially, watch what is going on with better skills and understanding than most (see ken's on a more postive note... thread)

sweet dreams :D
I think that's wrong. The west is economically rich; however, are people really happy? There is more crime and suicide in the west than in the east...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom