Sample form (1 Viewer)

halem2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:16
Hi All:

I downloaded the sample.mdb that itasev posted on the Sample Databases and I'm having problems implementing it on my db. I have looked at the properties of the labels and the images and the vb code but I can't make it work outside of his form. I can't even add new menu items that would work on the same form.

Can any one help? thanks.

Here's the db

Attachments

• sample.zip
    108.1 KB · Views: 108

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:16
I think that is a pretty neat demo. The creator is simply aligning the "Bar" image with the "Button" image in the MouseMove event of each Label controls that are in front of the images. Pretty slick IMHO.

halem2

Registered User.
Local time
I understand the code but what I don't understand is why I can't duplicate the same code in other forms. There's no function or module or anything else I can see....

Did I miss something?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
I see no reason you should not be able to duplicate the concept in another form. Here's the original with another "Button" added to the bottom. You do need to Send the Image to the Back and bring the Label to the Front to get the concept to work. Enjoy.

Attachments

• MenuSample.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 86

halem2

Registered User.
Local time
thanks. I understand what you're saying but for some reason it doesn't work when I do it. thanks again.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
What version of Access are you using? Does the extra button I made work for you?

halem2

Registered User.
Local time
I'm using 2003 and yes, your extra button works. I guess my score on the stupidity table must be thru the roof...

I just copied and pasted your next object image and label, renamed them and adjusted the vb to the new names and it still does not work.

Got it! like I said...stupidity to the max on my part... I was not inserting an image object for the bar... thanks RG. :D

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
There you go. Now you're cooking. Glad you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom