save data from my current form to anther table not connect to form (1 Viewer)

mhakim

Local time
Today, 02:20
i need simple way to save data to another table in my database

i have form_1 saving data in table_1 but i need to take some data on form_1 and save it in another table_2

i need also to edit the data in table_2 if edit the form_1

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
My guess is you probably need to completely redesign the database and build it properly normalized. Makes no sense. Unless this is child data then use subform.

mhakim

Local time
Today, 02:20
My guess is you probably need to completely redesign the database and build it properly normalized. Makes no sense. Unless this is child data then use subform.
database ready i just want to create accounting entry upon saving invoice data to invoicing tables

so i need to save some data on my current invoice form to another table not related to invoicing table

i think i can use code
insert into
or DAO recordset like that
but i need some one have done this before

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
Rather than making vague requests can you indicate specifically what you want to do?
What do you mean by accounting entry? Is at an external accounting application? Most of those allow you to prepare a "transaction" file that can be imported to the accounting application.

If you are saving the invoicing data to an invoicing table, I would be inclined to add data to the invoicing table to store the date, the clerk, a runID, etc etc and use the invoicing table to create the accounting entries as a separate process. Its much easier to audit and check the entries if you do it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom