saving by code... (1 Viewer)

hoschi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:11
I got three combo boxes with this code...
one table: tblTest with these attributes: land = country, stadt = city and einwohner = habitant

the boxes are filtered, so i can only choose the cities which are in the country i decided in the box above...

box 1
SELECT DISTINCT tblTest.land FROM tblTest ORDER BY tblTest.land;

box 2
SELECT DISTINCT [tblTest].[stadt], [tblTest].[land] FROM tblTest WHERE ((([tblTest].[land])=[Forms]![frmTest1]![land])) ORDER
BY [tblTest].[stadt];

box 3
SELECT DISTINCT [tblTest].[einwohner], [tblTest].[stadt] FROM tblTest WHERE
((([tblTest].[stadt])=[Forms]![frmTest1]![stadt])) ORDER BY [tblTest].[einwohner];

i want to add to the form a button which saves the chosen information in a other tabel perhaps tblTest2...

how can i do this...

thanx
hoschi

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:11
Are you trying to save the Criteria that was selected, or some data based on the criteria?
I would just create a query that either pulls the criteria from the form and saves it, or pulls data from where ever pulling the criteria from the form.

hoschi

Registered User.
Local time
yes, I'm trying to save the criteria that was selected!

By pressing the button a code should run, which saves the selected criteria in another table!

I tried the following:
[Forms]![frmTest1]![land] = [tblTest2].[land]

but it does not work!!!

any ideas???

hoschi

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:11
I prefer to use an update query (SQL) to update the "criteria" textbox fields to the criteria table. Just run it from a command button or the OnClose event of the form.

HTH

hoschi

Registered User.
Local time
my problem is that I don't know how to store the selected criteria into another table!!!

hoschi

hoschi

Registered User.
Local time
sorry Nouba, that is not what i'm looking for!!!

my problem is that I don't know how to store the selected criteria into a different table!!!

hoschi

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
Something akin to the following code would use the SQL idea mentioned above to insert data from your combo box into another table...

Dim sqlAppend As String
sqlAppend = "INSERT INTO tblTest2 ( Land) SELECT " & Me.ComboName & " AS Land;"
DoCmd.RunSQL sqlAppend

Matt

hoschi

Registered User.
Local time
here's an example of my problem

In my example there are two tables, tblSource (with the informations) and tblDestination (where I want to put the Infos with some more Infos).

In the form frmTest I used these SQL Statements to select from the Information Table tblSource.

There is a button btnSave: I want by clicking this button the selected criteria in the 4 comboboxes copied into the Table tblDestination (with some new Infos just like "description")!

How can I do this?

hoschi

Attachments

• test.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 104

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
Try this (there is no error trapping included; remove the comment quote-mark to use the SetWarnings code):

Private Sub btnSave_Click()
'DoCmd.SetWarnings False
Dim sql_destination As String
sql_destination = "INSERT INTO tblDestination ( country, city, last_name, first_name, description ) " & _
"SELECT [Forms]![frmTest]![country] AS new_country, [Forms]![frmTest]![city] AS new_city, " & _
"[Forms]![frmTest]![last_name] AS new_last, [Forms]![frmTest]![first_name] AS new_first, " & _
"'enter some text here' AS new_text;"
DoCmd.RunSQL sql_destination
'DoCmd.SetWarnings True
End Sub

Matt

hoschi

Registered User.
Local time
thanks a lot!

it works great...

hoschi