Scanning/Importing Excel data (1 Viewer)

fhs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:14
I need to develop a way by which data on a formatted Excel spreadsheet can be scanned into an Access application. Now I know I'm asking for a lot of stuff here, but here goes. The Access application has forms that are used to enter and edit data. However, there are some external users who type the data into an Excel sheet, formatted to portray the user input form in the Access application, and this sheet is then printed or emailed. I'm familiar with importing and linking Excel data into new and existing Access tables. However, the Excel cells are spread around the sheet and it appears that these cells need to be named in another way other than being in "the first row" to be recognized by the Access import method. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to scan the Excel sheets and the data will then enter into the appropriate table. Any suggestions? Thanks Y'all.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:14
If the data in the spreadsheet is not in a standard row/column datasheet format, you'll need to write VBA code to automate Excel to do the import. You may find code samples if you search the archives here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom