Scheduling Crystal reports through VB (1 Viewer)

minu

Local time
Today, 06:33
Hi All,

I have a VB application which logs into crystal report in it and generates reports. Currently I am running the EXE file manually every monday(as the reports are weekly). I want to schedule the VB application every monday at a specific time to run. How can I do this? Also the VB application is deployed on a Web Application Server.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks
Minu

hully333

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
Heres another angle; Use Crystal Delivery, its excellent and free!!!

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~groffkep/

I use it at work, i have a dedicated machine and it schedules a huge amount of reports at different times, handles parameters and can export to a directory of your choosing on a report by report basis. I cant do without it now. Takes a bit of patients to set up, but its worth it.

The power is;
I have a weekly report to compile that is presented in Excel every Friday. The spreadsheet is made up from 19 different crystal reports that i wrote. All the reports take 30 mins to run through Crystal Delivery, (50 mins manually) The Excel spreadsheet contains 21 tabs, 19 of which are for the crystal reports data.
Crystal Delivery schedules and exports the reports into excel format.
I open up my main sheet of the Excel report on friday afternoon after the reports have run and hit my macro button which opens all the exports and populates the tabs and calculates the report with Vlookups. The macro is huge and takes 15 seconds to run. Job done. It took the guy before me 2 days every week to put together, its now a click of a button, and they now think im god at work, i passed my probation period with it, as i had just started there. I have Groff Automation to thank for that.

I have distributed Groffs Crystal Corral too for users to run single reports out of a repository too.

Last edited:

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
Just out of interst what version of crystal are you using as I tried to use the application you recommended and it would not work it kept bringing up cannot find table. But then when i ran in manually in crystal it worked fine ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom