Scrollig SelectedItem in LB (1 Viewer)

richard luft

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
Scrolling SelectedItem in LB in code

Hi: Anyone know if there is any way to make a selecteditem in a listbox move so that it is 'scrolled' to the top of the visible listbox. I'd like to add such a feature to a filltree type of listbox outline.
TIA, Richard

Last edited:

garyca

Local time
Today, 13:01
I'm trying to do this as well. It seems the control can't do this.

skea

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:01
Use a For loop and listindex.
It may not need to show on top, as long as its selected into visibility.

Last edited:

skea

Registered User.
Local time
I forgot to point out. For you to ahieve this, you will need to setFocus to the listbox.

richard luft

Registered User.
Local time
Glad that GARYCA responded to my msg so as to get the string going! Note that I posted the Q back in June.
Now all I have to do is see if I can figure out what the respondents mean. Thanks.
Richard

Last edited:

skea

Registered User.
Local time
I think i saw your Qtn way back before i tried it out myself.
But to get you right, when you look in the screenshots thread in the samples forum, i implement this in my database reporter.
I search for something, then the listbox scrolls it in visibility. Is that what you meant?
If so try it out and respond if you still need help.We had a Listbox class posted in the samples forum before the hack,but now its long gone, but it would be of help to you. If you need it, i have a copy, i can post it back.

Last edited:

richard luft

Registered User.
Local time
Skea;
"I search for something, then the listbox scrolls it in visibility. Is that what you meant?"
>>>>>>
No. I have a listbox which is filled by a 'filltree' fn. There are many branches in my tree. When I 'select' an item in the tree to open up the branches for that selection, I'd like my selection to scroll to the top of the lb, so there is now room for me to see the branches of the tree in the lb beneath the selection. Then, when I select the next branch, I'd like it again to scroll to the top, so that I can again have room to view the branches.
Thus, I'm not 'searching' for a particular item.
Does this make my need clear?
I'll look in samples to see what you mean.
Richard

Last edited:

richard luft

Registered User.
Local time
RURALGUY;
Info looks like it might help. I'm not sure, however, if there will be any advantage to a command btn in place of scrolling the lb itself. Hope I can figure out some way to auto-actuate.
Richard

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:01
I'll bet you can! If not, post back with the code you tried and I'm sure someone will help.

richard luft

Registered User.
Local time
Steve Lebans code works great. I'm actuating an auto effect by setting focus on a transparent command button (on double-click of item selected in lb), and using SendKeys "~" to effect the code on the command button.
Two questions for the audience:
1)anyone have any suggestions as to how I can avoid using SendKeys?
2) I tried importing my functioning form into another Db, and find that I get an errmsg of "sub or function not defined" related to the code line :
LngThumb = MakeDWord(SB_THUMBPOSITION, CInt(LngIndex)), with "MakeDWord" highlighted.
Any suggestions as to what could be causing this problem?
TIA, Richard

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:01
I haven't really studied Stephan's code but you can call the code of a Command Button in VBA without SendKeys.
Call CommandButton1_Click() using the name of your command button of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom