Search by Date Range and Keyword (1 Viewer)

argel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:25
Hello guys ! At the moment I have a search by keyword and date range with two buttons search,i.e., making the search individually. I'm having two problems. The first one is with the date format; with 2 digit on the day it works fine, however with one it makes a wrong search. I need that the date format be dd-mm-aaaa. How can I change that, since it's not an option in the format section? The second problem is that I can't cross the two searches (keyword and date range). Is it possible to make the search only with one button? Or, if with two, how can cross the search?

The code that I've build is :

--->KEYWORD :

Private Sub btnSearchMOB_Click()

Dim STR As String

STR = " SELECT LISTA_EQ.ID, LISTA_EQ.[No INV], LISTA_EQ.DESCRICAO, LISTA_EQ.MARCA, LISTA_EQ.MODELO, LISTA_EQ.[Num_SERIE / MATRICULA], LOC.MOBILIZAÇÃO, LOC.[CENTRO CUSTO LOCAL], LOC.[LOCALIZAÇÃO/UTILIZADOR], LOC.SITUAÇÃO, LOC.NEGLIGÊNCIA, LOC.[LOCAL DE REPARAÇÃO] " _
& " FROM LISTA_EQ INNER JOIN LOC ON LISTA_EQ.ID = LOC.ID " _
& " WHERE [No INV] LIKE '*" & Me.search_EQ_MOB_box & "*' " _
& " OR DESCRICAO LIKE '*" & Me.search_EQ_MOB_box & "*' " _
& " OR MARCA LIKE '*" & Me.search_EQ_MOB_box & "*' " _
& " OR MODELO LIKE '*" & Me.search_EQ_MOB_box & "*' " _
& " OR [Num_SERIE / MATRICULA] LIKE '*" & Me.search_EQ_MOB_box & "*' " _
& " OR ([LISTA_EQ.ID] = " & Me.search_EQ_MOB_box & ") " _
& "ORDER BY LISTA_EQ.[No INV], LOC.MOBILIZAÇÃO DESC"

Me.search_mob_list.Form.RecordSource = STR
Me.search_mob_list.Form.Requery

End Sub

===============================================

--->DATE RANGE :

Private Sub cmd_Search_Date_Click()

Dim STR, DATE_RANGE As String

DATE_RANGE = " ([LOC.MOBILIZAÇÃO] >= #" & Me.data_incio & "# And [MOBILIZAÇÃO] <= #" & Me.data_fim & "#) "

STR = " SELECT LISTA_EQ.ID, LISTA_EQ.[No INV], LISTA_EQ.DESCRICAO, LISTA_EQ.MARCA, LISTA_EQ.MODELO, LISTA_EQ.[Num_SERIE / MATRICULA], LOC.MOBILIZAÇÃO, LOC.[CENTRO CUSTO LOCAL], LOC.[LOCALIZAÇÃO/UTILIZADOR], LOC.SITUAÇÃO, LOC.NEGLIGÊNCIA, LOC.[LOCAL DE REPARAÇÃO] " _
& " FROM LISTA_EQ INNER JOIN LOC ON LISTA_EQ.ID = LOC.ID " _
& " WHERE (" & DATE_RANGE & ") " _
& "ORDER BY LOC.MOBILIZAÇÃO DESC"

Me.search_mob_list.Form.RecordSource = STR
Me.search_mob_list.Form.Requery

End Sub

===============================================

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 16:25
Debug.Print the date variables.

argel

Registered User.
Local time

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
What version of Access are you using as I only have 2007 and it will not open most later version DBs

argel

Registered User.
Local time
What version of Access are you using as I only have 2007 and it will not open most later version DBs

I'm using the 2013 version. But on the format file it says 2007-2013

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
So where is this code located? :(

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Sorry, I'm confused (easily done I know)

It appears to work for me, whether I enter 7-jul-2018 or 7/7/2018 ?

BTW if you change the recordsource, no need to requery, your are just repeating the query?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Re combining, I would build the SQL depending on what fields are populated.

Also your ORDER BY is different for each?

argel

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, I'm confused (easily done I know)

It appears to work for me, whether I enter 7-jul-2018 or 7/7/2018 ?

BTW if you change the recordsource, no need to requery, your are just repeating the query?

I had already this format problem when I uploaded the table from the excel. " That type of date it's not allowed in my system (Portugal), don't know why. If you go to table,for example, "LISTA_EQ", on the field "MOBILIZAÇÃO" you'll see that the date format is " dd-mm-aaaa;@. I had to put it that way in order to upload the data to Access. When I was searching on the internet to make this searches all tutorials introduce that line of code. They say it's to continuously update the query.

argel

Registered User.
Local time
Re combining, I would build the SQL depending on what fields are populated.

Also your ORDER BY is different for each?

In this form I really need to the search by equipment or by date. My ORDER BY is now equal to every search. I miss it at the time I uploaded the file.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
AFAIAA a date is a date.?
I have just changed the format in that table to dd/mm/yyyy which is the format I would use here in the UK.

Your date search still appears to work.
As long as you upload a date and not text that looks like a date, you should be fine.

Requery is required in some instances, but changing the recordsource automatically initiates a requery. I discovered this when I started amending recordsources. :D

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
In this form I really need to the search by equipment or by date.

Which to me it appears to do.:banghead:

If you just want to use one button, test which controls have values, perhaps issue a warning if both MOB and dates are completed.?

In the button, depending on what control is completed, issue the relevant SQL string.

argel

Registered User.
Local time
AFAIAA a date is a date.?
I have just changed the format in that table to dd/mm/yyyy which is the format I would use here in the UK.

Your date search still appears to work.
As long as you upload a date and not text that looks like a date, you should be fine.

Requery is required in some instances, but changing the recordsource automatically initiates a requery. I discovered this when I started amending recordsources. :D

Even if I upload with the date format it keep send error unless I change the format to dd-mm-yyyy, I really don't know why... :banghead: Can you send me the file that you change? In order to see if it works for me now. Thank you for the help and for being so patient !

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Of course.

File attached

Requery also commented out.

Attachments

• UK date EQUIPAMENTO.zip
    652.2 KB · Views: 105

argel

Registered User.
Local time
Of course.

File attached

Requery also commented out.

When I open your file, the software automatically change the format to "dd-mm-yyyy;@" and the search still not match ... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom