Search Form (1 Viewer)

BlankReg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:38
Hi all,
It's been afew months since i've last been on here. I would be very greatful if anyone could help me.

Ok, I have an access database called "Service & Repairs" which is currently being used by our engineer team to enter Old and New Repairs, it has been working great for over 6 months and we've had no problems.

I've now just been asked to produce some sort of Search Form, so that the User can Select from Several Drop Down Boxes (Customers Name,Version No, Engineer & Components Used) then click on Search and the results appear, then the results to be made into a report to be emailed on.

For Example;

Customers Name - Bob
Version No - 1
Engineer - Joe
Components - Case

then the results will bring up how many cases Bob has bought.

I hope that all makes sense, I will appricate any help.

Thank you

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:38
Without knowing the structure of your data, it's impossible to give any meaningful help.

tarcona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:38
I guess I will ask this question first: Are you searching through a subform or a mainform?

BlankReg

Registered User.
Local time
Hi guys. sorry for the late reply.

Tarcona - Im searching through a subform.
Mikeg51 - thank you for the search database, it looks excellent.

What im hoping to do is, create a form from (table 1) which is where all the old and new repairs are stored, and then create drop down boxes, so the user can select from either a Customers Name, Serial Number, Manufacturer etc. then select Search and the results are show on the subform.

That example form that Mikeg51 has given me is exactly what im looking for, im just not to sure where to start.

any help would be greatly appricated, thank you for your time

BlankReg

Registered User.
Local time
Please see attached my database

Attachments

• Search_db.zip
    71.6 KB · Views: 90

mikeg51

Local time
Today, 06:38
I did the exact same thing using Allen Browne's database as a starting point.
Create your form and copy over the search code, modifying it as required with your table and field names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom