Solved Secure Info (1 Viewer)

sctb0825

Local time
Today, 12:53
I am using a Tabbed Subform, I need a popup window that I can secure, so I can put account number information into the database.
What is the best way to do this?

I would like the popup or tab inside the main tab. ie tab inside another tab.
(hope you understand what I mean)

example: I have a Financial tab in a form to record the info to collect and pay customers. I only want this info available to authorized users in the accounting dept.

I want it so that when a user tries to access this info or enter the information they have to first enter their password.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
There are many ways to do this kind of thing, you could use a subform control on the protected tab that you empty (meaning you don't save it with a SourceObject) by default (and reset in the Current event of the main form when moving to another record). Then in the Change event of the tab control you check if you are on the protected page and if yes you prompt for the password and, upon validation you set the subform's control SourceObject property to the desired form. Another way, usually of the fields to be protected are on the same recordsource as the main form, is to use the tag property of the controls to make them invisible and again in the Change event of the tab control to turn them visible if the correct password was entered.

Cheers,

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:53
If you have a tab-page set aside for this, there is a click -event associated with the Tab-page control. You could trigger your password from there via a form using a modal dialog. You can make the form big enough to completely cover the screen so that nobody can get to the stuff on the Tab-page until they close the modal dialog. Our member theDBguy has a nice article on this.

Here is a useful event for Tab controls that will help you decide WHEN to pop up the modal dialog.

And of course, it is possible to force a different page if your password popup says "wrong password."

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:53
You may find my blog on a password protected tab useful:-

See video:-

sctb0825

Local time
Thanks a bunch Bastanu, Doc and Gizmo, all very helpful I am getting what I need from all this great help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom