Select Fields From Input Request (1 Viewer)

John Jnr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:55
This is probably going to be very simple?

I have written a query etc etc. All I want to do is within the query make the user select a year e.g. Expr1: [Select Year]
The query then selects the inputed year from the table field names and displays all the data from that year.
Every time I try this it puts the inputted year into every record line:
Expr1

I just want it to selct the feild name 2003 and then show all the data fromt that year.

Please help on this easy one but it is driving me nuts!

Ps. This IS the best website, I am not just saying that. It is very rare these days to get help for nothing.

Howlsta

Vampire Slayer
Local time
Hi John,

Remove the tick from the 'show' field in the query for [Expr1] year. The criteria will still be used but the column will no longer be shown.

John Jnr

Registered User.
Local time
I don't think I am being clear enough.

I have a table with field names such as 2002 2003 2004 etc. Each field then contains financial data. I want the query to ask the user to select a year or a range of years (field names) and then the query list all the data from those fields.

Every time I put the expresion Expr1: [Select Year] in the field box in the query it just puts the input into every record as I described in my first post:

Expr1

I want it to do this:

2003 - (field name)
£23.67
£25.78
£56.78

Etc

Thanks

I hope I have been clearer?:rolleyes:

John Jnr

Registered User.
Local time
Correct me if I am wrong but do I do this by creating a form with combo boxes listing the foeld names? But then how do I link that to a query?
I want the user to select the fields in order to create another form that they can then edit?

Cheers

J:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom