Select Specific record in recordset (1 Viewer)

ayeshamiah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:47
I'm sorry if this is really simple for my sins I'm new to this, give me Excel any day

I want to be able to access a specific record in recordset

is there away of doing this instead of looping tru therecords to find what I'm lookinf for when all I want is to access for eg 2nd record in the record set.

Many thanks in advance,

B

bones01

If you are using a form to find and display the record that you are looking for then you can do the following.

Go to the design view of the form.
Select the toolbox and use the command button wizard to create a button that you will use to "find record"
The wizard will step you through the process of creating the button.

Once you have the button created save and open the form.
Put the cursor in the field that you want to find then hit the button.
You will get a popup box asking you what you want to find. (The rest is self-explanatory)
If you have more then one record with the parameter you are looking for just keep hitting "find next" until you either find the record you are looking for or it tells you if can't find a record.

This is the way I look for a record that I want to look at with a form.

Hope it helps

ayeshamiah

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks bones01

but really I need VBA solution and I think I may have found.

RpbertS

Registered User.
Local time
ayeshamiah could you please post your solution if you find it I will need to do somehting like that a little later on and would like to see how it works before I get there thanks!

ayeshamiah

Registered User.
Local time
RpbertS

I haveb't actually worked out how to select a specific specific record which I am now embarking.

I resolved my earlier problem, which was to compare to fields on two tables and put the comparison text into a third and so I only needed to access the records sequentially

I did this by creating a recordset and looped through the records. if you want the code let me know, Ayesha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom