Selecting multiple records in a form and associating them to a record in another tabl (1 Viewer)

mr_fish

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:27
Hi all,

I've got a problem that I'm not sure how to go about solving, I've got a table that is full of jpeg filenames and paths that is created when a user selects to import them from a directory they specify. These jpegs are scans from various magazines that may include one to 50 pages all numbered sequentially, but all that is stored is the path + filename to them.

The filenames and paths need to be linked to records entered in another table that details all the information about the magazine the pictures relate to. The associations will be made manually by the user as they will know which files to associate to which magazine. (There may be a way to automate this but that will be considered in the future)

I need to find a way to display the filenames and allow the user to select which ones they want to associate with a record in another table. One or many files need to be associated in any one action depending on the number of files they choose to highlight. Many jpeg scans can be associated to a single Coverage Record

If anyone can give me a pointer as to what options are available to me to do this, I can research more to find the solution. If anything is unclear please let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Many thanks,
Jon

mr_fish

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:27
OK my research has led me to thinking I should use a multiselect list box to put all the file names in so the user can select the ones they want to associate. Could I use a form with the primary magazine records and a subform within it with the multiselect listbox. The records could then be associated somehow with vba code when a command button is hit. Am I on the right track or is there another better way of doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom