Solved Self populate a field in sub form (1 Viewer)

rondon

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:12
I have 3 tables all linked by a key field call Report_ID

I have a form called Reports_tabled (top level)

This form has 2 sub forms – frm_Recommendations (2nd level) and frm_Agency (3rd level)

A completed list of recommendation (long text) for each report is entered into the sub frm_Recommendation (linked by Report_ID) and identified by REC_No (number)

Various agencies in sub frm_Agency may be assigned any of the recommendation in frm_Recommendation. For example agency A1 –may be assigned REC_No 1, 3 and 5 where A2 may be assigned Rec_no 1 and 8

I am trying to auto populate the recommendation (from frm_Recommendation) into the Agency form when a REC_No is entered in this form that has the same value as the REC_No in the frm_Recommendation. (and the report ID links across all 3 forms matches)

I have tried using a lookup box but it dose not support long text values in the wizards.

Any help greatly appreciated

rondon

Local time
I tried this but I still couldn't get the information to populate in to the recommendation field. I had linked the field by the recommendation key and it populated but not the recommendation

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:12
Don't understand. Why would you want to duplicate recommendation text into another table?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

rondon

Local time
Each Recommendation is unique to each ReportID. So each ReportID may have many recommendations. Each ReportID may also have many agencies that need to implement 1 or more of the recommendation. Additional data needs to be inputted against each agency so each agency casn be reported on separately. If I making myself clear, I cant have a list of agencies against the recommendation but need to copy the recommendation across. As the recommendation is not a Key I can seem to link it. Thanks Ron

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Why doesn't recommendation have a key?

Will all agencies associated with a ReportID report on all recommendations associate with same ReportID?

Think will only make progress if you provide db.

rondon

Local time
I have attached a word doc which shows the structure of the DB let me know if it helps

Attachments

• Overview of DB.zip
    146.3 KB · Views: 141

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Only 3 tables? Is there a table of Agencies (name, address, telephone, etc)? I would link tbl_Agencies_ID and tbl_Recommendations by saving Rec_ID into tbl_Agencies_ID. Then ReportID is not needed in tbl_Agencies - it can be retrieved through the Recommendations/Agencies link.

rondon

Local time
Thanks for your help. I think I need to restructure the tables or look for a VB solution as the linkage does not help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom