Sequential Printing Of Reports, is it possible? (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:05
Hi,

I have been unable to overcome my issue with merge-ing a document and have had to resort to splitting the document up into several reports, so that the Word template can be used as a background.

I have tried several things to get the reports to print sequentially, including having four lines of:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport "the report names...", acNormal

This, for some reason, failed.

I have a mini-form, called, frmProduceTaskingForm, which maximises the report, sets it to full page view and provides two large buttons, Done and Print. Clicking on Done closes both the form and the currently displayed report. I have checked that the code gets into the If statement inside the Case but then it doesn't open the instance of itself.

So I tried the following, in the OnUnload event of frmProduceTaskingForm, again, failure.

Code:
    Select Case Me.OpenArgs
        Case Is = "rptTaskingFormPart1"
            If (MsgBox("Do you wish to continue to Part 2?", vbYesNo, "Part 2?")) = vbYes Then
                    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmProduceTaskingForm", acNormal, , , , , "rptTaskingFormPart2"
                Else
                    Exit Sub
                End If
        Case Is = "rptTaskingFormPart2"
            If (MsgBox("Do you wish to continue to Part 3?", vbYesNo, "Part 3?")) = vbYes Then
                    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmProduceTaskingForm", acNormal, , , , , "rptTaskingFormPart3"
                Else
                    Exit Sub
                End If
        Case Is = "rptTaskingFormPart3"
            If (MsgBox("Do you wish to continue to Part 4?", vbYesNo, "Part 4?")) = vbYes Then
                    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmProduceTaskingForm", acNormal, , , , , "rptTaskingFormPart4"
                Else
                    Exit Sub
                End If
    End Select

The idea being that the user can cycle through printing off just the part they require.

Anyway, that didn't work either so, should I be putting this code in a different event? Or, is this just a really bonk method?

Simple and elegant suggestions welcome. Hey! Even inelegant and complicated ones might be welcome, if I can understand them.:confused:

Regards,

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom