setting SourceObject of the subform holding crosstab datasheet failed activeControl (1 Viewer)

g q

Local time
Today, 04:04
I have a main form contains subform control that is related to the a form based on a crosstab query. The crosstab query column header and its records are inserted by the user at run time.

To show the newly added column header records on the right hand side of the subform, I set its soruceobject, which works well to display the runtime added records.

But the screen.activecontrol failed to catch the clicked column header name even with requery, refresh or repaint used. Since user may click an existing column header to make a copy of its header and its value records. Without a way to detect which column is clicked, there is no way to make copy of the records insert into the database.

The activecontrol only works for the initial queried column header clicking, not dynamically created crosstab query subform datasheet.

I am doing the prototype now. Company still uses MS Access 2002.

Any help would be appretiated.

John

g q

Local time
Today, 04:04
Observations are that mouse clicking a column header, then clicking the menu sort a-z button, it works. That means that Access detected and knew which column header was clicked.

How should I code to do the same detecting the clicked column header?

I am new to MS access, could anyone shed some light on this code ?

Does the MS Access 2002 support FlixGrid etc.? which library to link if support? any code saples to code this?

Any tips are very much appreciated.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom