She's a "Hot Head" (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:54
Actually, I have to forgive my wife for turning up the temperature sometimes. When she had her first knee replacement, she developed a staph infection bad enough that I had to learn how to manage her at-home thrice-daily antibiotic infusions. But that was necessary because her infection got really bad - systemic, in fact - and she was hospitalized again (briefly) after initially going home after that surgery. Let me tell you, that staph infection kicked her butt. She is much better now, her other knee replacement went really well, and no infections the second time. She has no trouble walking around the house all day. But the aftermath of that infection is that you can say "icicle" and she starts shivering.

Then again, some folks become sensitized to certain things. My Dad could just walk past running water and he would have to hit the toilet. And my dear wife says she has had to remove the word "beans" from her vocabulary when she is near me.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 11:54
But the aftermath of that infection is that you can say "icicle" and she starts shivering.
I never had such an infection but have the same aversion to the cold.

And my dear wife says she has had to remove the word "beans" from her vocabulary when she is near me.
I can relate to that one too except it doesn't matter what her vocabulary is.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
My office has the worst possible heating/ac system there is.
There are thermostats in every other office and a few in the open areas.
They are all interconnected so one thermostat affects all the others. The thermostats have a range from 70 degrees to 74 degrees so you really can't control them.

In the winter my secretary hangs a bag of ice over my thermostat to trick the system to deliver more heat.
In the summer she hangs the bag of ice to turn off the A/C as it's usually too cold in the office.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Before I ever got associated with the Navy, I worked for a company that did various kinds of industrial control systems. Pipelines for one, but building energy management for another. We had computer consoles on the control system that could alter a zone's temperature but nobody had actual thermostats. On the other hand, we got generally good reviews. One of our customers was able to take some of our log files to court to show that the local power company had made an error in reading their meter and we saved them something like $670K per month for about three months in a row due to the incompetence of their meter readers. (This was LONG before the days of remote-reading sensors on the power meters.)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
due to the incompetence of their meter readers.
When I had my water meter switched out I discovered that I've been overcharged for nearly 15 years. I now have a credit that should last @ 20 years or so.

JonXL

Local time
My office has the worst possible heating/ac system there is.
There are thermostats in every other office and a few in the open areas.
They are all interconnected so one thermostat affects all the others. The thermostats have a range from 70 degrees to 74 degrees so you really can't control them.

In the winter my secretary hangs a bag of ice over my thermostat to trick the system to deliver more heat.
In the summer she hangs the bag of ice to turn off the A/C as it's usually too cold in the office.
My house thermo is at 68°/67°, which keeps most rooms around 65°.

I can't imagine ever needing 74° 🥵

conception_native_0123

Local time
once again I say, given the sophistication of your job as it seems, it doesn't seem like the powers to be are treating you too well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom