Showing records between 2 dates (1 Viewer)

K

Kaleen

OK, I'm brand spankin' new to this forum..bear with me.

I need to create a query that will show me which employees are on "travel status". I will be running this query off a table that has their Name and their TravelStart and TravelEnd dates. I want to set this query up to find anyone's travel dates matching anything between TravelStart and TravelEnd. I also don't want to have to manually type in any dates each time (i.e. parameters).

Am I thoroughly confusing anyone yet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Yesterday, 23:36
NO hand-keyed data?

How will you know what TravelStart and TravelEnd dates to search between then? Are you wanting to use the DateTimePicker?

K

Kaleen

The table will already have the dates entered in it, so I was thinking I could query using the "date()" function and something else....I just don't know what that something else should be. I need to be able to just click one button and have the query return anyone whose TravelStart THROUGH TravelEnd date matches with the current date.

What's a DateTimePicker?!?!?

iangirven

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:36
im not sure if ive got this bit right but it might help you any way.

in your query add an extra field that is set to the current date.ie Expr1: Now().

in the criteria use the expression builder to set it to return those values between you startdate and endate fields.

ie. Between ([Table1]![start]) And ([Table1]![finish])

i have checked this and it will return only those records where the current date falls between the start and finish dates.

set [table1] to the name of your table where the record is stored.
set [start] and [finish] to the name of your start and finish fields.

finally uncheck the show box for the field with the expr1:Now() in it or you will also get the current date as well.

hope this helps

ian

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
OK, you changed the way the question was worded

Initially you said you wanted to search for a range of dates. Now you just need to know whose vacation encompasses today. Right? Or is it Date() - Date+2 weeks? (for example)

Ian's solution will do what you ask for one day. If you need a range you may have to do a bit of coding.

K

Kaleen

Ian--It worked!!! Thank you sooooo much :)
David R--Thank you for putting up with a rookie like me!

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
No problem..

Glad you got it worked out.

(and if you want to see Rookie, you should find my first post here back in Oct. 2001.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom