Simple Query not so Simple (1 Viewer)

HaroldIII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:06
Im running a Simple Query. I have 2 Excel files that I upload into Excel. then i go to Design Query, and link the criteria where only matched will be pulled from the reports.

Then:

I run a unMatched query with the original Doc vs the query. This will show me all the unmatched items.

The issue Im having is when i go to manually research the UnMatched items, I notice that the the majority should have been pulled with the original Simple Query. I have checked the formats between the 2 excel files and they match....

HELP PLEASE!!

thanks

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 05:06
Samples, codes and expectations.

Show some data samples of both tables and include the column names.
Provide the SQL of your queries and the resulting data.
Tell us what you would like the queries to produce (use the sample data you provided to demonstrate) and explain exactly the difference between the actual output and your expectations.

HaroldIII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:06
Report 1 contains our ID#'s and trade info.
Report 2 contains Client names and trade info

The object is to get all the client names from Report 2 and put them on Report1.

I match by the following:
Buy/Sell, Call/Put, Strike, QTY, Price, and Symbol.

The Join Properties are to only incluede rows where the joined field from both tables are equal.

This Query is called COMPARE1

Then i run an unmatched query where i get all the remaining items on Report1 so i can manually research these and provide the clients myself.

The problem is as im researching the remaining items manually, i am noticing that there are items on the remaining report that should have been picked up on the Compare1 query.

I hope this clears some things up....cause im all out of Ideas

If there are any ideas also would be Great....Im still lost

Attachments

• REPORT1.xls
    8.9 KB · Views: 115
  • REPORT2.xls
    8.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom