Simple Query? or basic structure? (1 Viewer)

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:36
Hi to all.
I have an application in which the user selects an 'index' record from a table in order to gather information from just one of several 'data' tables (depending on the information required) and then print a report.
The user wants to print his details along with each report, almost like a letterhead.
I have created a 'user' table containing his pertinent information. Just one record.
How do I include this one record in the current queries? These queries gather their information from the 'index' table and the 'data' table, using joins, and then print a report containing data from both tables.
Regards - :banghead:

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 08:36
The user wants to print his details

The way I understand this is that the data you want to now include on your reports really has nothing to do with the data itself. Is that correct?

For example, say your report is an inventory report and Chad in Accounting is the report user. The report doesn't change, Chad just wants his name at the top of the report. Is that a good analogy?

If so, I would use a DLookup at the top of your report to get Chad's information and not bother putting it into the query.

Mist

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:36
Thanks, but I wasn't very clear (even in my own mind!). I forgot that this info may require changing on the form before printing, sort of like a default value which can be changed - maybe 'default value' is the key. I know of it but am not familiar with how to incorporate 'default values' in a data entry form when the data comes from another table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom