Simple search Form (1 Viewer)

Wizzweb

Local time
Today, 06:00
Hi All

I do not have the knowledge to create a simple search form and I have spent several hours searching for details about how to go about it.

I have a table, tblTrainers, which has all the usual fields about address etc, one of which is Town.

What I want to be able to do, is to have a text box to type in the name of a town and then click a button to select all trainers in those towns. Maybe open up in frmTrainers or rptTrainers.

Any suggestions?

Ken

dcx693

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:00
Why not use the Filter by Form feature in Access? Or Filter by Selection? You can select entries from text fields as if they were combo boxes and have the form filtered on your selections.

stargate

Registered User.
Local time
There several search samples on this forum. Enter Search as the keyword and will see attached DB samples. Heres just a sample of what u can find.

If when u use the filtered list box, double click and it will bring up the record.

Attachments

• search97.zip
    48.3 KB · Views: 289

Wizzweb

Local time
Thanks for the tips.

1. I am trying to get away from the Access Toolbars. I think the toolbars will detract in the finished DB

2. I have downloaded the ZIP file, but as with a lot of these samples, there are no tutorials of how to go about it.

If only Access was as easy to learn as FrontPage was!!!

Maybe I should have taken this up years ago when the brain cells worked better, instead of waiting till after retirement!!

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom