Simply can't wrap head around certain design. (1 Viewer)

The_Vincester

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:44
I simply cannot visualize how I need to go about this. I've had idea, but really don't know how to do what I'm looking for.

Here's the rundown:

A supervisors has a list of tasks (one table) that are assigned to employees (another table), each of these tasks will have a certain outcome each day (yet another table), with various "sales" number. Some tasks will be done each day, some may not, but the employees must see each task, each day and enter something. The individual tasks may be updated throughout the day, or changed, or reassigned.

Now, a lot of this I can do, but I just don't know how to have these tasks assigned each day automatically (recurring).

This is basically a workflow system of recurring tasking.

Let me try to explain this in more real world term.

There are a group of salesmen. There are clients. The salesmen are assigned clients who they must call each day. Each day they will record a separate instances of sales made to each client.

I want the salesmen to be able to pull up all their clients and update the information as necessary each day. At the end of the month, I'll be looking at what they did for the month and each day. In the absence of a salesmen, their client will be reassigned.

It's not so much how to set up the tables and normalization, but the rest of the process. I hope someone understands what my actuall problem is.

grnzbra

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:44
I would set up the following tables
Salesmen
Clients
SalesmenClients (a linking table)
Salescalls (with the field LastCallDate and linked to the Clients table)

When the salesman opens a form, the form will open a recordset of all the clients to which he is linked and where the LastCallDate is greater than x days ago.

The form would then take today's date, the salesman's number and the client number and place them in a table along with whatever other information about the sales call is desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom