Smartwatches! Some help for an ignorant newbie (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:34
Mine has its own number and will make and receive calls without being connected to my phone. When my phone is on it will sync with my watch. If my phone dies or runs out of juice the watch will work independently. Nice to have a backup since I haven't had a land line in many years.

So do I understand correct that ... when you are far away from your phone, a person would call/text your Watch's number to get ahold of you.
When you are near your phone, you can receive calls/texts based on either your main phone's number OR your watch's number, via bluetooth or wifi synch ?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:34
So do I understand correct that ... when you are far away from your phone, a person would call/text your Watch's number to get ahold of you.
When you are near your phone, you can receive calls/texts based on either your main phone's number OR your watch's number, via bluetooth or wifi synch ?
No, I can be far, far away from my phone and as long as my phone is turned on I will receive calls, emails and texts sent to my phone on my watch.

If someone calls or texts my watch number I get it on my watch only

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@moke123 Okay, gotcha.

@Gasman I'm not sure what you mean - do you mean the battery lasting 1 full day seems bad to you?
to me is seems great, I never go more than a few hours without charging my pixel -not that it needs it, but I'm OCD and generally don't like my batteries getting <50-70%. The only time I go >24 hours without putting my devices on a charger are in catastrophic emergency type situations where I forget about it, very rare.

If the watch battery lasts one full day I think I would be good with that.

It all depends on your expectations. The watch I hvae decided to ask for for father's day is the fossil gen5 from Best Buy, $139.

The features are like ... 3 or 4 times what I would have expected a smartwatch to have, so that makes me happy!

It has google assistant, calls, texts, an audio Speaker, over 100 apps, play store, synchs with your verizon android phone, has bluetooth, wifi, NFC, cellular, thousands of Faces for how the front screen looks decorated, alarm, calendar, contacts, 3 battery modes, google translate, long batt life, magnetic charger, health apps, touchscreen, all Notifications, gps, 8 gig storage, works for Google pay, vibration, many health apps. it has the features that a $500 phone would have, but is only $140! I am very excited. we'll see how it turns out but so far it's a lot more than i realized you could do with a smartwatch.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 12:34
My fitnus has a magnetic charger and I think it is great. I bought 3 from a chemist chain, that all failed, and you had to pull off one wristband to charge them.
This is much better.

And yes, I think 1 day is very poor.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Ha ha ya'll spoiled!
Do you require a spaceship for travel too ? :p
I charge my devices nightly, so it wouldn't really make any difference if it was a day a week or a month.

Boy my lower expectations sound like they're saving me a lot of money lol. Then again most people use their devices to stream video content, which I never do. That may have something to do with it.

Ok, sorry to tease. You enjoy your pricey once a week plugins whilst I spend less for the arduous task of plugging it in once a day... First world difficulties!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:34
The only thing with charging frequently (e.g. every day) is when you go away.
It's yet another charger/USB cable to pack. If it lasts for at least a long weekend I don't need to think about it.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
well about 5 mo. in I like my fossil smartwatch a lot. it holds a charge for over a day and can do a lot. $140 best buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom