Some data doesn't display (1 Viewer)

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:54
I have a form that contains a field populated by a combo box. When I scroll back and look at previous records, the data in this field sometimes displays, sometimes does not. Looking at the source table, there is data in this field for every record, so the data is getting saved. However it does not always display in the form. It apperars to be at random and is driving me nuts. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

maxmangion

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:54
are you using any cascading combos ? because if that's the case you might need to requery your combo.

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:54
no, no cascading combos

Charmed7

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:54
I'm not sure, but I have had problems like that before and I was able to "Refresh" and it worked. Try creating the problem when there is nothing in the field, then go to the tool bar and click Refresh. If it shows up, I think I wrote either a VB or macro for OnLoad form, refresh the form.

sdebo2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:54
In a record where the combo box appears to be blank, check the value that should be in the combo box, is it a value that is currently in the drop down list? If not, this could be an indication of a data integrity issue.

If you want values to be displayed when they are not available in the Combo Box list, change the “Limit to List” property (on the data tab) of the Combo box to “No”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom