Sorting causes field to dissappear (1 Viewer)

jstutz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:42
I have a report that pulls info from 4 fields. If I don't have any sorting options for the report, all 4 fields are displayed properly. The minute I try to sort the report, the field I am using as the sort order disappears. It looks as if the report actually sorts correctly, but the field is no longer displayed.....

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jamie

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:42
Are you sure it is not being displayed? You are probably seeing records with blank values in that field. Scroll down a few pages.

jstutz

Registered User.
Local time
The report only pulls about 20 records. When I look at the information in the query that populates the report, each field has info. I thought maybe the paragraph alignment of the field might be "hiding" the data, but I tried all the alignments and none of them show the data if I sort the records.

I'm at a loss.
Jamie

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
This is a common problem that I have found in using fields for sorting within queries. The solution that I have used is to make another field within the query referencing that field but giving it another name. Example: Original field - OrderDate (Sorted), make another field Date: [OrderDate]. Use this new field within your report. Keep your original field within the report for sorting and grouping purposes, but use the new field name for the detail. This might solve your problem. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Carol (edited 04-17-2000).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom