By the_net_20 at 2011-01-19

What does "Autentificate" mean, exactly??? :rolleyes:

Response: "Try a little harder guys..."

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 20:56
I can't view that because public photo sharing sites are blocked by my work. If you have something to show, upload it here.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 23:56
They are blocked for me as well. Couldn't you report the post in question?

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 22:56
it wasn't a post guys, but rather something that was funny that came to my inbox.

Check it out...

By the_net_20 at 2011-01-19

(no replay either!? darn!)

Attachments

• clspam.JPG
    clspam.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Come on, don't be a wuss! That looks pretty legit to me! :p

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Hahaha, nice. I think the no-replay thing kind of gives it away a little too.

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
Hahaha, nice. I think the no-replay thing kind of gives it away a little too.

Hmmm....My personal belief? And fine balance between lack of intelligence and "under the influence" of something....the 'something' hopefully never to be disclosed. :p

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:56
Hmmmm....is this SPAM I wonder?

TBH It's more likely to be a scam rather than spam avoid like the plague, it's a classic way of collecting your personal log in info.

As a general warning for anyone even if you have an account with any bank or organisation and get a "you need to verify", "your account needs to be re-whateverised", "your account has been compromised" etc never ever open the e-mail or click on the link. If you want by all means go to the website directly and check there. (You may all know this but just in case someone comes along this thread and doesn't ;))

This type of e-mail can compromise your online bank and is a classic way of doing so. I demonstrated how by using this exact method I could get your online banking login in seconds.

Oh and just in case - never click on the "remove me (or unsubscibe me) from this mailing list" if you do get spam it does not remove you it simply verifies your e-mail account is valid and you will get more spam etc. I know it's an old one but I've found it still works. :eek:

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
As a general warning for anyone even if you have an account with any bank or organisation and get a "you need to verify", "your account needs to be re-whateverised", "your account has been compromised" etc never ever open the e-mail or click on the link.
isn't this sort of thing universally known now, even by people that don't have the internet??

and I would add to what you just said Minkey, that people should be aware that guaranteed security is absolutely impossible with web applications. Security is completely math-based, and experts in algorithms can always break passwords and the like, giving they have access to certain information to begin with. If anything, THAT should be posted here so people are aware of that.

If you also didn't know, people act the most reasonable and they're also at their best when they're scared to death. Unfortunately, we're still living on smiles in this country and ignoring the rest. :rolleyes:

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
isn't this sort of thing universally known now, even by people that don't have the internet??

no, no it's not. My mother-in-law is constantly calling me about scam emails, at least 2-3 times a week.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time

and I would add to what you just said Minkey, that people should be aware that guaranteed security is absolutely impossible with web applications. Security is completely math-based, and experts in algorithms can always break passwords and the like, giving they have access to certain information to begin with. If anything, THAT should be posted here so people are aware of that.

If you also didn't know, people act the most reasonable and they're also at their best when they're scared to death. Unfortunately, we're still living on smiles in this country and ignoring the rest. :rolleyes:

Also, you cut Minkey off short.... He said the same thing you did in the post you are quoting....

I know it's an old one but I've found it still works.

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
no, no it's not. My mother-in-law is constantly calling me about scam emails, at least 2-3 times a week.

the senior citizen population, not withstanding.

you should feel happy that this is occurring, actually. Without this sort of stuff going on, a lot of computer experts wouldn't even have jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom