specify the ribbon to open on form load (1 Viewer)

hubcap750

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:37
Hi All,

When you open a form in datasheet view, the default ribbon is of course the "Datasheet" tab. I would rather have the "Home" tab ribbon open up, because I have one field in this form set up as hyperlinks to open another form, so the filter and search buttons would be more helpful to the user. I'd rather not go to the trouble to create a custom ribbon, so is there anyway to set the default ribbon tab to "Home" when you load the form? There is a ribbon property for the form, but I don't know the reference name for the tab.

Thanks!

hubcap750

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply llkhoutx, but that site explains how to set up a custom ribbon, and I just want to use the default "Home" one. There doesn't seem to be an object name for it, so it looks like I am just stuck with either creating a custom ribbon or letting the user figure out where the "Home" ribbon is.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:37
What you want to do is not a simple matter. Any "snoopy" user can undo what you ask. I think that database security is what you really want.

Take a look at this.

hubcap750

Registered User.
Local time
I was hoping it was just a matter of knowing what the default ribbons were named, but on further research it seems like it would be very complicated. If my heart is set on having the sort, filter, and search features available for this particular datasheet form, I would be better off just making my own custom ribbon. Since I'm creating this database kind of pro bono as the end part of a larger consulting project, I've decided to take the easiest way out and just say something about clicking on the home tab in the instructions.

Thanks for your concern about database security, but this database will not contain any sensitive information, and there will not be any technical support for it either so I'm leaving a lot of the features available. There will only be a couple of users, and it is in my best interest that they learn something about manipulating data in access anyway. Thanks for posting the links though, I actually learned quite a bit watching them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom