Split Database (1 Viewer)

RWatson1

Local time
Today, 01:38
Hello all,

I created a Split Database for multilple users at my job. The problem is some of the users are receiving this error message when trying to use the form; "You can't go to the specified record". Other users are able to use the database with out any issues. The back end is located on a server that everyone has access too and all have MS Access installed. The front end is loaded on their local desktop. Form properties is set to all additions, edits etc. on all front end copies so I'm not sure why some are receiving the error and others are not.

Any ideas/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 06:38
It really is a stab in the dark, as there is not enough information to go through and find the possibilities of why it would occur. Probably connection problems? Or invalid record search? Different Access versions (remember some methods are not available in all versions eg. DoCmd)

RWatson1

Local time
Today, 01:38
Hello Paul. Thanks for the feedback. I checked with one of the individuals receiving the error message and we both have the same version of Access (2010). The database was however originally created under a previous version but is working for some in the office but not for others. Basically its the record navigation on the split form that is giving the error message. All users are still able to run reports and queries.

Futures_Bright

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
You might want to look at the securities on the network drive, I had something similar - I believe you will need to allow Read and Write permissions - Modify you can leave off for general users (so they can't delete it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom