Spllited Database risk over LAN Network challenge ,please how to Secure? (1 Viewer)

Sun_Force

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:58
Just received a mail from a classmate:

two ways to prevent all kind of screen captures in windows:
1- write a program, then Set IsScreenCaptureEnabled property of the Application.view class to false. Then open your database within that application. (He's not sure if in this case FE can connect to BE specially when BE is sql server)
h t t p s:
//
docs.microsoft
.com
/en-us/
uwp/api/
windows.ui.viewmanagement.applicationview.isscreencaptureenabled
2- Use API in and set this property to false.
ApplicationView view = ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView();view.IsScreenCaptureEnabled = false;

from MSDN:
https:
//docs.microsoft
.com/
en-us/
uwp/api/
windows.ui.viewmanagement.applicationview.isscreencaptureenabled?view=winrt-19041
ApplicationView.IsScreenCaptureEnabled Property
This property lets you protect against unwanted copies of the window. When screen capture is disabled for a window, the window appears black in images produced by screen capture operations. For an example of setting the isScreenCaptureEnabled property, see the Disable screen capture bellow link .

Last edited:

Sun_Force

Local time
Sample application:
h t t p s:
//
github.com/
Microsoft/
Windows-universal-samples
/tree
/master
/Samples
/DisablingScreenCapture

Sun_Force

Local time
Thanks. I do now! Is that from the XBox?
Never seen that before. Seems to only work if you're on the taskbar.

Perhaps you can tell me the purpose of the Ctrl+T shortcut in the VBE.
It does the same thing in all Office apps and has done for many if not all versions back to 1.0 ... but I've no idea what its purpose is
I'm not sure if you're talking to me.
for me win+alt+r works anywhere not only on taskbar. As you had guessed it was added to windows to record a game. But I normally use it to capture active window.

I only know that ctrl+t displays the Components dialog box listing of all the available components. No further info.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:58
@Sun_Force
Yes I was answering your point about Win+Alt+R. On re-testing, it just doesn't work if you have an active browser window

As regards Ctrl+T, the Components dialog that is displayed appears to be a legacy window but it seems to do absolutely nothing.
In fact it isn't even clear what those 'components' are - similar to reference libraries but with differences - selecting any of them appears to have no effect

Sun_Force

Local time
Yes I was answering your point about Win+Alt+R. On re-testing, it just doesn't work if you have an active browser window
I tested on 3 PCs and it works with active browser windows (Tor, chrome, Firefox)
Maybe you need to check your browser's short cut. Haven't you set this combination of the keys in your browser to something else?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I tested on 3 PCs and it works with active browser windows (Tor, chrome, Firefox)
Maybe you need to check your browser's short cut. Haven't you set this combination of the keys in your browser to something else?

And I tested on 2 PCs using Firefox, Chrome, Edge & even IE. I'd know if I had set those keyboard shortcuts to something else.
Anyway, neat though it is, its not something I'll use often. However, thanks for sharing

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:58
FWIW, Win+Alt+R does nothing on my computer.
But these keyboard shortcuts are only as good as your assumption that a client hasn't set them to something else. A LOT of applications, too, come with their own keyboard shortcuts..

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Two other things:
1. Some time ago I wrote a kiosk style application which shows how to limit keyboard input both using VBA & the registry.
It would be possible to block all keyboard input to simulate a kiosk app used on a touch screen.
It may be of interest to the OP
See https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/a-kiosk-style-access-app.300831/

2. After writing post #58 last night, I did a bit of research and found some old low level keyboard code using APIs that successfully blocks the use of PrtSc in Excel. Its not my work and will need adapting to work in Access. The APIs will also need modifying for 64-bit.
It will also have no effect on other methods of taking screenshots.
Having made all those disclaimers, I'm attaching it in case anyone wants to play around with it.

Attachments

• hook_test.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 144

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom