SQL 2000 ADP to SQL 2005 Reporting Sevices (1 Viewer)

Ice Rhino

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:06
I posted a similar sort of question this a little while back although I was much greener then in 2005 than I am now(still green though, just not as green). I apologise if anyone classes this as a double post but it is not really.

My problem is this.

I have a MS Access 2003 database that hooks into a SQL 2000 backend. I have a Function in SQL that feeds information into a stored procedure also in SQL that is passed some input parameters from an Access form

I have attached a text document that list the Function/Stored Procedure and the input parameter elements from Access. The stored procedure and functions seem to work OK in the report designer. When I test the dataset that is linked to the Stored procedure I get the result set I expect to see. However, when I preview the report (which I have imported from Access using the SQL 2005 import wizard) I get a numer of errors. These errors revolve around the
[rsDuplicateReportParameterName] etc etc. This basically tells me that there are 19 instances of a duplicate parameter called 'Value'. When I look at the Layout¦Report Parameters there are 19 named value in the left hand column.

How can I tell which is which and why are there so many parameters being passed in when I am only passing in the dates as you will see from the attached txt document.

I will try to be more specific if none of you can work out what I mean.

Kind Regards

Toni

Attachments

• Dashboard.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 243

Ice Rhino

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:06
I have found out what was wrong. I had some =[fieldname].[value]/100 statements in some text boxes in Access which when imported into SQL 2005 confused these and marked them up as parameter fields.

So problem solved until I post the next stupid question

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom