SQL Count Query Help (1 Viewer)

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:08
I am trying to add a few new reports to my DB and am running into some issues with my count query below on one of them

SQL:
SELECT FacilityNames.[Facility Name],COUNT (FacilityTickets.TicketID) as TotalTickets,COUNT (FacilityTickets.Resolved=1) as ClosedTickets
FROM FacilityTickets
JOIN FacilityNames
ON FacilityNames.FacilityID = FacilityTickets.FacilityID
GROUP BY FacilityNames.[Facility Name]

I am wanting to be able to run a report to show the Facility Name, total Tickets, total Closed Tickets, and then would calculate the Total Open Tickets, however it is erroring out as Incorrect Syntax near ')'

If I remove the =1 from COUNT (FacilityTickets.Resolved=1) as ClosedTickets, then the query runs, however it just gives me the same number as the Total Tickets.

Please advise what I am doing wrong.

thank you
Kevin

HiTechCoach

Local time
Kevin,

It looks like you are trying to use a WHERE condition within the select part of the SQL statement.

.If you want to get a count of the tickets whare Resolved=1 then try this:

The way I do this a lot is idea is to create a column called ClosedTickets that is calculated as IIf(FacilityTickets.Resolved=1, 1 , 0). The column will have a 1 if resolved otherwise it will be 0. Now all you have to do is sum it up.

The SQL will look like this
Code:
SELECT FacilityNames.[Facility Name],COUNT (FacilityTickets.TicketID) as TotalTickets, Sum (IIf(FacilityTickets.Resolved=1, 1 ,0) ) as ClosedTickets
FROM FacilityTickets
JOIN FacilityNames

[HiTechCoach edits: to add explanation]

Last edited:

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Kevin,

It looks like you are trying to use a WHERE condition within the select part of the SQL statement.

.If you want to get a count of the tickets whare Resolved=1 then try this:

The way I do this a lot is idea is to create a column called ClosedTickets that is calculated as IIf(FacilityTickets.Resolved=1, 1 , 0). The column will have a 1 if resolved otherwise it will be 0. Now all you have to do is sum it up.

The SQL will look like this
Code:
SELECT FacilityNames.[Facility Name],COUNT (FacilityTickets.TicketID) as TotalTickets, Sum (IIf(FacilityTickets.Resolved=1, 1 ,0) ) as ClosedTickets
FROM FacilityTickets
JOIN FacilityNames

[HiTechCoach edits: to add explanation]
Works perfect !!

thanks for your help

HiTechCoach

Local time
Keven,

Thanks for letting us know that worked for you.

Glad we could assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom