SQL Optimization (1 Viewer)

nector

Local time
Today, 09:53
I was made to believe that the 10 second slowness experienced in MS Access data entry was coming from within access not from the SQL server. The correct status is not from MS Access forms, its actually from the SQL Server itself.

I have experimented manually by going directly to capture data in the sample table as per screen shoot below, the movement of the cursor from one field to the other ties up with MS access form, in short the speed is the same.

Problem area

The cursor to create a NEW line takes 10 second in SQL SERVER, this is exactly what I'm experiencing at MS Access forms level, is there another procedure to be done at MS SQL SERVER to improve the speed here? This is the correct position properly verified not assumptions.

SQLSERVERCAPTURING.png

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
This might be due to latency in the connection to what appears to be a remotely hosted SQL Server. That's inherent in remote hosting. That server name, s26.DB_XXXXXX, makes me think your host is Winhost.com. My service from them is excellent, but there's not much you can do about the long lines between your location and theirs, somewhere in the cloud.

That said, if you are seeing 10 second delays in moving the cursor from one field in a record to another, there might well be additional problems on that end. Several people who frequent this site know a great deal more than I do about performance analysis and using tools to analyze queries and other performance. I doubt, though, that a hosting company lets their customers do too much of that since it falls on their side of the operation.

nector

Local time
Today, 09:53
Thank you so much sir you have analyzed the issue 100% correct and I'm using winhost.com for sure, I think 10 seconds is not bad since all the objects after optimization works just under 2 seconds or less.

However, I like their products, they are good.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:53
I think some hosts offer you a choice of physical locations. Maybe you could talk to them to find out where you are actually hosted and could another location work better.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
Thank you so much sir you have analyzed the issue 100% correct and I'm using winhost.com for sure, I think 10 seconds is not bad since all the objects after optimization works just under 2 seconds or less.

However, I like their products, they are good.
I think we have at least one database on the same server ;) And it is very slow sometimes, especially for the website that runs on it. However, I get so little traffic there that it's not an issue.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:53
I'm with Pat on this one - location relative to the end user can be a very significant factor.

We have Microsoft-hosted Azure SQL servers in the south of the UK and some of the client end users in India, the latency is very poor for them.
The UK users have no issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom