SQL Server Migration Assistent for Access - not all table from Access (1 Viewer)

driep01

Local time
Today, 10:53
Good day,

I am very frustrated; I am trying to migrate a backend Access database to Azure SQL Server.

When I select the Access Database the SSMA for Access only show two tables out of a total of 19 tables (incidentally, the two tables were created today 26-mar-2024)

It is a 2016 Access database, and I am running v9.5 of SSMA for Access.

I have read several online documentation but I cannot see any place where SSMA is configure to only read certain tables from the Access databse.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Phlip

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 00:53
Sometimes I have found that SSMA retains a phantom memory of the original tables in an accdb.

Try creating a new project and abandoning the old one.

Are all of the tables in the accdb local to that one accdb, and not linked tables? Do you know why that matters?

driep01

Local time
Sometimes I have found that SSMA retains a phantom memory of the original tables in an accdb.

Are all of the tables in the accdb local to that one accdb, and not linked tables? Do you know why that matters?
Hallo,

Thanks for the reply.

"Are all of the tables in the accdb local to that one accdb, and not linked tables?" - Yes it is.

"Do you know why that matters?" I think it is because the linked tables do not contain the meta data to enable the migration process to create the information in SQL Server.

I have abandoned all the projects. I have even deleted the project directories in the SSMA folder.

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled SSMA and will try again.

Thanks for the help so far.

Phlip

driep01

Local time
Hallo,

Thanks for the reply.

"Are all of the tables in the accdb local to that one accdb, and not linked tables?" - Yes it is.

"Do you know why that matters?" I think it is because the linked tables do not contain the meta data to enable the migration process to create the information in SQL Server.

I have abandoned all the projects. I have even deleted the project directories in the SSMA folder.

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled SSMA and will try again.

Thanks for the help so far.

Phlip
Hi,

I rebooted my laptop before the uninstall and re-install and that did not help.

I'll try something else.

Phlip

tvanstiphout

Local time
Today, 00:53

George, wasn't there a recent presentation in your users group about SSMA? The OP may want to watch the recording.

driep01

Local time
George, wasn't there a recent presentation in your users group about SSMA? The OP may want to watch the recording.
That will be very helpful. I saw that there was an item about the SSMA.

Where can I get hold of the recording?

Regards,

Phlip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom