Step Directly into Function/Procedure (1 Viewer)

casey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:45
Hello,

I'm doing some testing of a function and would like to run the function directly without going through all the steps it takes to get to that point in the application...ie clicking buttons and selecting records and such.

Is the a way to locate the function I want to test and run it directly. I see the programmer before me put a call to a function inside the actual function? I assume that he was testing the function by calling it inside itself???

I've seen in .NET that by putting the cursor inside the function and pressing [F5] (I believe), it steps into the function without going through all the overhead of getting to it traversing through the app. Doing this in VB 6.0 it starts the app.

Hope this makes sense. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

DrSnuggles

Well the hell is Hudson??
Local time
Put a break point in the first line of the function/sub routine.
Then in the immediate Window type in the name of that sub, press RETURN et voila!

You might have to pass in some data if the function accepts paramters.

casey

Registered User.
Local time
DrSnuggles,

Alright! I'll try that. Will save be a boat-load of time. Not to mention my poor fingers that are getting a serious work-out. You know how valuable energy is when you're planted in a chair all day!!!!

Thanks!

casey

Registered User.
Local time
How about skipping to the middle of a function

ok...Thanks to DrSnuggles. now I can step directly into the function I'm testing and send it parameters...woohoo!!!

Is it possible to skip to the middle of the function where the error is occurring? Basically by-pass running the rest of the code that takes about an hour to get to???

Hope I can do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom