Student Requesting Help! (1 Viewer)

J

Jenk

This is the second posting I've made and I hope this is as successful as the first.

I am studying ICT in the Sixth Form at College and For my coursework I am requested to design and create a database. I have most of this done apart from where I get stuck! If you could help please continue to read.

I have a field for the Time and Billing of a company. The Time & Billing is based on what work has been done, such as Letters etc. This is placed under the DESCRIPTION field, however, each description has a CODE, such as LE01. Now, I have the DESCRIPTION and CODE under drop down lists but without checking its impossible to tell what code matches up with which field, therefore, I need to have the CODE automatically come up when the DESCRIPTION has been selected under the drop down list. Is this possible, I'm sure it is but I have no idea how to do this, any ideas?

Any replies tot his email will be gratefully appreciated as I am stuck without someone elses help.

Thank you

Suzanne

GRW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:42
Are we on a report or form ?
It sounds like you're selecting the description from a combo box on a form.
Do you want to assign the code and description to a record via a combo box ?
Or do you just want to see the related code when reporting ?

R

Rich

Presumeably the description and the relevant codes are in the same table so just add another column to your combo box, although the bound column should contain the code number anyway.
HTH

GRW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:42
Jenk, if you're reading this I can't seem to reply to the email you sent me...if there's another email address I could try, I'll send you an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom