Sub Form not changing (1 Viewer)

mcgilla

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:03
Hello all, my first issue of the new year, and Happy New Year too.

I have a parent form with a list control that when a job is selected in the list box, it puts some text in a text control and does a me.requery for two subforms.

The records in each subform change based on the job selected and are able to accept data entry. One is recording production data and the other is recording quality data. The subforms are on a tab control, each on their own tab.

What happens is the me.requery works for the production dataset, just not the quality dataset. It doesn't matter which tab has the focus, the data for production changes, and I have a blank form for the quality data. I've searched the net and even reviewed my other databases to see if I overlooked something. I've re-created the query and subform thinking one small thing there may be the issue, but nothing happens.

If I have the parent form open, I can separately open the subform and query and both update accurately. So I must have done something wrong (i assume) in the creation of the form.

The only thing I've noticed is if I click the F5 button on the keyboard, i get the "Object Invalid or No Longer Set" message, and there seems to be any number of things that could cause that, most of which I haven't setup to begin with (or that's the issue).

Hopefully I've given enough detail. Basically the jobs pull in a set of work instructions with data entry possibilities for each sub form. Why one works and not the other, is confusing me.

Any thoughts or have you encountered this before yourself and how did you work around it?

Edit: Windows 7 32bit, Access 2010

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Where exactly are you doing these 'Me.Requeries?'

Linq ;0)>

mcgilla

Registered User.
Local time
Where exactly are you doing these 'Me.Requeries?'

Linq ;0)>

In the listbox on click event, so it updates to the job that I have selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom