Subdatasheets (1 Viewer)

J

joncwhall

I am trying to create an access programme to keep track on phonecalls I make at work. I have made a main table showing customer name, mmbership number, phone number, etc and I am now trying to create some kind of sub-table to show date of last phone calls and and sub-table to that to show the results of each call (eg: no answer, booked, etc). I have tried using subdatasheets but when I select one option in a subdatasheet (ie: date of last call) that then becomes the result returned for all entries.

I have tried everything I can think of (which admitedly isn't much) but am out of ideas. Does anyone else know how I could create something along these lines where different sub-entries can be placed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Today, 08:50
As you say, Access can only display one subdatasheet. It would be better to display your informnation on a form than look at the tables directly as it gives you the option to format the data how you like.
You can then use subforms (as many as you like) to display the information related to each customer.
If your subform is in datasheet format, you can click on the column header and sort by that. Your table structure could possibly look like

tblCustomers
----------------
CustomerID
CustmerName
etc

tblCallsMade
----------------
CallID
CustomerID (FK to tblCustomers)
DateOfCall
CallDuration
CallResultID (FK to tblCallResults)