Subform issue driving me nuts (1 Viewer)

EternalMyrtle

I'm still alive
Local time
Today, 00:43
Hello,

I have a subform that has a junction table for its record source. The junction table has required fields, one of which is a field called Status. This is nothing unusual as all of my junction tables have required fields and I have never had a problem like this before.

However, with this particular subform, the moment I update the first control (cboCompanies) I get the following message:

"You must enter a value in tblContactsCompanies.Status field."

So far, the only way I have been able to get around this is to enter a default value in the status field which I do not want to do.

I have looked through my code dozens of times in both the main form and subform to see if something is being requeried or saved after update but I am not finding anything.

Also, this subform never seems to stay "dirty". The moment cboCompanies is updated, the OnCurrent event seems to kick in. I know this because cboCompanies is locked in the OnCurrent if it has data and it gets locked immediately after update rather than when switching to the next record. I want the user to be able to undo the current record but s/he cannot. Again, I have never had this problem before.

Can anyone suggest someplace else to look??

Thank you!

EternalMyrtle

I'm still alive
Local time
Today, 00:43
I am still stuck on this :banghead:

I have checked the subform separately and it does not have the issue. It remains dirty (i.e. it does not save the second after the first field is updated and it is possible to undo selections). I even inserted the subform into another form just to make sure and it is still working ok.

So, the issue is not with the subform.

I also went so far as to remove ALL of my code from the main form and the problem still happens! It still tries to save right after update of the first record and it cannot be undone. On a new record, I get the "you must enter value" message.

So it doesn't seem to be the code either. All of the form properties are the same as all my other forms and I do not have this problem on any other forms.

Any ideas?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 09:43
YOur post is the digital equivalent of a lot of arm waving :D

Extract the bits in your db that are sufficient to demonstrate the problem and post them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom