Subform Won't Display if No records Entered (1 Viewer)

trstorer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:30
I have a data entry form and subform (frmGENDataEntry - based on main tabl e with file information + frmGENClaimSubDE - based on sub table with additional information about file if it is strFType=Claim).

For lookup and editing purposes, I have a main form (frmGENREsults) which has a subform (frmGENClaimSub). My problem is that if there isn't any "claim information" entered when the file is first opened; then the subform doesn't display (just a grayed out square - the fields aren't visible at all) when I open the main form for lookup or editing purposes. At that time, if the strFType is Claim, I may be ready to enter information into the subform and into the subTable. If I change the file type to something else and then back again to Claim, then the form will display.

Relationship between the two tables is one-to-one.

I have this working in another database, but can't seem to see a difference between the two other than the relationship between those two tables is one-to-many.

Any ideas? I know it has to be something obvious, but I've been looking at it too long with the same eyes !
Thanks !

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
, 23:30
Forms exhibit this behavior when

• There is no data in the underlying Record Source
  • Allow Additions/Allow Edits is set to No

Linq

trstorer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:30
Thank you for the information. You are correct, there was no records in the underlying record source - a query. I had based the subform on a query because I had fields from two different tables displaying on the subform. However, once I reverted back to using the table as the record source and moved the sole field from the second table to another part of the main form, I was in good shape. Trying too hard to make everything intuitive for the end user . . . I should know better than to think that's possible !
Again, thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom