Subforms and Tab Controls (1 Viewer)

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:59
Hello All!

I have several different forms that I want to be combined by a tab control. In another words, I want the user to be able to just tab from form to form instead of having to open each form individually. I have read help on tab controls and all of the posts for tabs here. Every time I try to add tab controls to the form it puts them on the form, but it does not allow me to insert any of the forms or any fields. When I click the tabs it just just clicks from page to page without changing the form. I am still on the main form. I know I am probably missing something easy, but cannot seem to find it. I am a little unexperienced in the subforms, but think I need to do a subform. I tried that, but it just writes over top of my main form. Can someone please help?

Thank you!
Karen

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 22:59
You should create the subform on the specific page of the tab control you wish.

If you copy and paste one on then it will appear on all tabs.

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
I am not sure that I understand. From design view of main form, I added tab control from the toolbox. Then, I stretched the tab to make the size of a regular form. I then clicked build wizard and added the form that I want to be reached by tabbing. It went over top of my main form. I thought that in regular view it would not overlap. But, it does. When I click on the tabs, nothing happens, you still just see the new form overlapping my main form. Am I missing something stupid?

Karen

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 22:59
When you are placing an object onto a tab an area on the tab ontrol should be highlighted showing you the area in which you can place it.

Other than that, I don't know.

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
Hey!

Just wanted to say thanks. I have it working now. Somehow I was not getting the highlighted area like you said. I just kept playing with it and finally got the highlighted area. When you said that it had to be highlighted that helped.

Karen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom