Subforms (1 Viewer)

mark curtis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:04
Dear All,

Another little problem for which I once again call on the help of more advanced access folk than me.

I have a report based on a query which also contains many subforms such as highlights, products risks dependancies.

When I run the report all of the subforms may contain data or only some or even none. What I need to do is if only sone of the subforms contain data then I need to hide the subform(it may have no data but the labels the subform label still appears. Also if all the subforms contain no data then I want to return a label saying NO Data This Month.

Ian suggested if I wanted to check and see if there were any records to view before viewing I suppose you could do something like creating a recordset clone of the subreports data and conditionally viewing/hiding dependent on whether the recordcount is >0

But I do not know how to do this and would appreciate an example.

If there are any other methods I would also appreciate any help.

Thanks again, Happy New Year.

Mark

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:04
Do you mean subreports, or subforms?

Have you tried working with the "On No Data" property of the subreports? Just an idea...

[This message has been edited by Chris RR (edited 01-02-2001).]

mark curtis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:04
Chris,

I mean SubReports and I have looked at the OnNoData event but have not got a clue what code I need or where I should place it. I would be in your debt forever if you or anyone could help me.

Thanks#
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom