Suggestions to improve form view (1 Viewer)

theferd

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:10
Hi All,

I am developing a form which draws information from tables putting them in neat rows. Each row has all the information necessary, ids, classification, hyperlinks to documentation etc. This is a database for connectivity in tubing ( T, Y, Cross, 90 bends, etc)

However the last column is giving me trouble in terms of how it is presented. The last column is a hidden value that denotes the architecture of the object the row is describing. This value is checked in VBA and a generic drawing of the connector shows up in the row. The form is currently formatted as continuous and while it gets all the required information across, the drawing makes it all a bit unwieldy. It loses the compactness it had before the drawings were added.

Are there any methods or tricks to say hide the drawing until the mouse hovers over a spot or other ideas that could more efficiently utilize the space? I thought of using a button at the end of each row but that would mean clicking a large amount of buttons to find what you need and that can get annoying over time.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Sounds like a popup form with an image control might be the way to go. The problem with mouse hover events is that they don't discriminate between intentional and not. If all you intend to do is mouse up to the top of a form to access some control or field and the cursor passes over the control having the event, it fires. It can be annoying so I'd suggest some other event. If not a button, then a double click on a record field or perhaps a small icon representing an image that can be opened.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Try resizing the picture. Play with Stretch and Zoom to see if they help. You may have to go back to the beginning and recreate new pictures that will fit in the size allotted.

theferd

Registered User.
Local time
I played around with it more and decided that a popup form with a click event on a small icon is good enough. It isn't exactly what I wanted, but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom