Support Request (1 Viewer)

Dale E Hayes

Local time
Yesterday, 19:44
I have a table that passes through a quary to populate a form. When a user logs into the database they use their name and a password (works great).

Now I have been tasked with the form only showing time zones the agents can work in comparison to the time zone and time of the PC.

IE
can call New York after 8 AM EST and tell 6 PM EST.
Time on PC is 5 AM PST to 6 PM PST
At 6 AM PST the user can only call EST As each hour passes they can call the next time zone as well.

Any ideas on how to make that work?
I have a table with all area codes and what time zone it is in. But can not seem to make a 2nd collum with only area codes from the phone list.

James Deckert

Continuing to Learn
Local time
Yesterday, 21:44
Sounds like you'll need a timer in the form which continuously filters the data when the time changes. You could check every 60 seconds to see if the minutes is zero then requery.
The query could be dynamically built in VBA so that only the correct time zones are included.
If this helps, do you think you could remove the 785 area code from your database?

Dale E Hayes

Local time
Yesterday, 19:44
This process will not work for our system. We have 9 users on the intranet. I have a timer for one function, pulling call backs, that runs every 15 min. Less than that and the system bogs down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom