Solved Syntax error from clause (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:45
Doc. The parent would refer to the parent form, as o/p stated atheleteid was in subform?
I think I would go with full concatenation of values.

My comment was to point out an OPTION that would be available depending on which form held your active code. The OP reported that the command buttons were in a child form, for which the concept of .Parent linkages could make sense for the code underlying those buttons.

For unrelated forms, you are absolutely right and I agree that you have to use the fully qualified pathing. But forms that are structurally related even if not data-related can still use .Parent to get to the physical parent of the current (sub-)form.

View my comment as a narrowly focused suggestion for a specific case.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:45
And if so why not keeping Tbl_CourseAttendance and have
FK to Tbl_athletes.athleteID
FK to Tbl_CourseSessions.coursesessionID.
Yes, that is what I suggested, but just called the table 'TblAthleteSessions' since it describes better the fields it would contain. But you are welcome to call it what makes most sense to you!

Also another question ..:
with the existing structure i think it is automated after put in Tbl_CourseAthletes, which athlete is in which course, as for having them as a ready combination to a table with the dates where those athletes are tracked for attendance..?
If I understand you correctly, the way you have it does give you that information directly in a table, but you are duplicating the information in multiple tables which is never a good thing to do; and the same 'table' is easily created using a query (which is the purpose of queries!) You also have more of a headache with data entry with your existing structure.

And also, code you suggested is working as charm...!
That's great! But .... probably completely unnecessary if you had a better structure as discussed!

Manos39

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:45
Yes, that is what I suggested, but just called the table 'TblAthleteSessions' since it describes better the fields it would contain. But you are welcome to call it what makes most sense to you!

If I understand you correctly, the way you have it does give you that information directly in a table, but you are duplicating the information in multiple tables which is never a good thing to do; and the same 'table' is easily created using a query (which is the purpose of queries!) You also have more of a headache with data entry with your existing structure.

That's great! But .... probably completely unnecessary if you had a better structure as discussed!
Thank you.. I really didn't have the solution of the Query in mind.. Problem with the specific database was beyond my capabilities as to think of good structure, also as to fill tbl_attendances by a form whenever i typed sessions because i hadn't used append (insert into) queries bf.
But it is quite enjoying after all to learn something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom